Does the iLevil AHRS need to be level?
Here are basic guidelines to follow when installing your iLevil:
1. The iLevil needs a surface that will be level, when the airplane is in the air during level flight.
2. It is ok if such surface is not level when on the ground (i.e tail wheel airplane).
3. The iLevil Mount (sold separately) allows you to adjust the level position and facilitates installation
4. If unable to find a level surface, you may use the �cage� or �calibrate� features on your specific App to adjust minor errors.
5. It does NOT have to be centerline, but the labels must be facing up and the airplane drawing must be facing forward.
Does your system overheat and do I need to cover it from sunshine?
NO! It is designed to get light from the sun and power your batteries. The iLevil series is designed to withstand cold and heat and is calibrated to operate properly in such conditions.
Is your system WiFi or Bluetooth, and how many devices can I connect?
The iLevil has an internal WiFi transceiver that acts as an access point. You may connect as many devices as you want simultaneously regardless of the operating system (iOS or Android). Note: You do NOT need an internet or cellular connection in the air for your iLevil to work.
How can I upgrade the firmware on my iLevil?
Firmware updates may include integration with other hardware or internal software enhancements. You can upgrade the firmware remotely using a Windows computer and a program called TeraTerm. See the Downloads site for more information.
What products can the iLevil series be linked to? See complete list here
1. Panel mounted displays that accept ADS-B data through a serial port or USB port
2. Portable displays that are WiFi enabled (iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone, Android Tablet and Android Phone)
3. Portable iFLY GPS systems by Adventure Pilot
4. Zaon XRX for TCAS traffic
5. Engine Analyzers with serial output (GRT EIS, Advanced Flight Systems)
6. Navworx ADS600-B (ADS-B in and out)
7. Auto-pilots that accepts NMEA input